Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Somewhere the wind is blowing...I'm going there.

I have been translating Urdu poetry to English. But in this case, I wish I could translate from Korean to Urdu. J Rabbit is an indie Korean music duo that created this poignant, mellow, melancholic and yet somehow calming song.


This song featured in a recent Korean drama series (Sachoongi Medeullli or "adolescence/puberty medley" in the English translation - doesn't translate well I think), which also has some more Korean music, such as "Stargirl" (which starts the show, and fits well as the  slower background theme music). The dedication that has gone into making such a KBS series is quite impressive - amazing details and visuals- regardless of how one relates to the story...although I believe the characters, events and culture may ring a bell with a South Asian audience. With some patience, the full complexity of the story becomes clear - particularly the details of each character and their development - and it does serve as a window into understanding some aspects of contemporary culture there: 

A review (spoilers) with links to all four episodes here

No comments: