Tuesday, January 20, 2009

the blackened landscape

In my thoughts often
simple, innocuous words
run and freeze-
into all kinds of lines, circles and other shapes...
Sometimes I feel these words are trying to tell me something
are talking to me-
of long-lost times
people and places
in a language I once knew
but have now forgotten
a name here-
a place there-
they scream at me
at this blackened landscape
where nothing remains
that can understand
or answer.

-------
A scribble from years ago...taking a break from translations...

4 comments:

Tapasya said...

Way too good! I am incapable of commenting on this one.

Siyaah said...

Tapasya:
Good to see you're back to the blogging world. Thanks for the appreciation- i don't know if its good or bad- it just is-

BTW where's your blog?!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! your blog impresses me. Please keep on writing more.

Varun Agrawal said...

Wondeful! I loved the way you choose words for translation in your posts.

This poem by you is very nice too. Pls keep on writing.